Sunday, May 23, 2010

ah the weekend

Busy weekend.
Glorious sunny day on Saturday 21st May, on the roadie went down the peninsula and did 115km, home by 11.30am.
Spent the afternoon shopping and managed to hunt down a thermarest mattress, a down jacket, spare tent pegs and a couple of water proof sacs. It's all good - not long to go!!!

Sunday awoke to rain. Went out on the Centurion 700 Tourer for a couple of hours, since I have to get used to riding in all sorts of weather. Cleaned up the bike with a squirt of this and that to prevent the rust setting in. Living by the sea seems to make things rust in a flash.

Student reports all finished and now I have cabin fever, want to go out and do something fun but it's still raining.
Reading a book about a lady who cycles around some parts of Japan solo. I have lost interest in her adventures and want to get out there and have my own and besides she doesn't go to Hokkaido - where I'm going and where I believe it will be stunningly beautiful.

Happy weekend to everyone who gets to read this.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have/had a wonderful adventure and have kept safe and warm. Looking forward to the story and the pics.

    ReplyDelete