Tuesday, December 29, 2009

5 sleeps to go


I'd also like to say I had a fantastic time at the Children's Hospital Westmead being a member of the Child Life Therapist team. The professionalism of my team members made me proud to be a member of such a profession, if only for a short time. Their dedication to the job was above and beyond what you might expect. On a daily basis this team supports children through a wide variety of illnesses and hospital procedures.

So with the end of my contract on the horizon I decided I needed to get a full time job. Teaching in the classroom really is in my bones so I contacted my international teaching agency and requested that they activate my file. My previous International school positions had been in the northern hemisphere therefore I was thinking because January is the middle of the northern hemisphere academic year there wouldn't be any positions available until August 2010. Getting a full time teaching position in Sydney wasn't really an option available to me due to the lengthy accreditation process.

Fortunately for me there were a number of positions available internationally and I actually had a choice. It was an exciting and interesting time to be reviewing schools data on the internet and seeking a school that suited my needs. As time progressed it became obvious that there was one particular school that I was really interested in. For me it was ticking all the boxes.

It was with great excitement that I signed a contract with Yokohama International School, Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment