Monday, December 28, 2009

6 sleeps to go

The history behind my decision to leave Australia is important.
From Jan 09 to Jan 2010 I have enjoyed a wonderful position as a Child Life Therapist at the Children's Hospital Westmead in Sydney. It has been the most amazing journey of my life working with the Palliative Care Team supporting children and their families at the end stage of their life.
Unexpectedly, at least to me, the position was not renewed at the end of my contract due to lack of funding. I was really upset because the children and families just love having this community position. Even though this position was only 2 days per week there is ample work for a full time position.
I gained so much strength and compassion during this year from the children and families that I visited. To all those families I thank you for sharing your lives with me. I have the fondest memories that will stay with me forever.
Thank you
XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment