Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday 12th March - the day after

A restless night due to the aftershocks, the worst being at 4am, the room was rather shaking on the 10th floor.
I went back to school this morning and everything is being managed in and orderly manner - well we are in Japan after all.
Seriously though the YIS community are amazing and all the students are being well looked after until they can be reunited with the parents.
I walked around Yokohama and some structural damage is obvious on some buildings but really nothing like NZ.
Clean up of glass and broken pavements was well underway this morning.
Thanks to everyone for all there emails and Facebook messages. Yes I'm fine.
In fact I'm more than fine.
I am lucky and have nothing to complain about.
People in Sendai and the tsunami affected areas are were we now need to focus our attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment