Thursday, March 17, 2011

Update - Thurs March 17th

I am still in Yokohama.

Australian Government are now advising people to consider leaving Tokyo.
They are also saying this because of disruptions to major
infrastructures.'That includes interruptions to transport,
communications, power and other infrastructure, school closures and
continuing aftershocks.'

Not much else to report except that I'm getting used to the aftershocks,
the shaking and rattling of my apartment is itself a richter scale.
Anything over magnitude 6, gets my full attention, smaller stuff just
raised eyebrows. Now that's weird and who would ever have thought I'd
develop that skill set.

Donated almost all my winter clothing and hope it goes to good use here
in Japan.

I'm flying out Friday night, via Hong Kong to Sydney. Will be wonderful to touch down on aussie soil.

by 9pm in the evening the aust.gov had stepped up their advice:
Australians should not travel to Tokyo and northern Honshu unless their presence in Japan is essential. Australians in these areas should leave unless their presence in Japan is essential, including Tokyo.

But they didn't send any planes to help get people out.
Thanks to all my wonderful friends around the world who have sent positive energy and good vibes.
Special thanks to friends in Australia who I have skyped in moments of stress and been calmed by their positive comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment