Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Changes daily - Tuesday 15th March

Hey I'm still here, alive and well and perhaps even a little bit glowing!!!

I've been out on the bike the last couple of days just to give myself a break from the news reports.
The streets seems a little quieter. Depending on which shop you enter you may find food or you may not. Generally fresh food is not available in the smaller stores. The supermarket closest to me was closed yesterday. I did cycle further out of the city today and found bananas, tomatoes and yoghurt.
It feels very uncertain to be here. Almost all foreigners I know have left or are in the process of leaving.
I will be joining them.
I am hoping to get a flight out on Friday and I will be back in Australia by the weekend. Looking forward to the fresh air and seeing my family and friends.
Cars are lined up for 2-5 km attempting to get fuel.
I am using my time wisely and cleaning out cupboards, staying inside for the afternoon.

As the earthquake becomes a distant memory, the tsunami devastation is shocking but the potential meltdown of the nuclear reactors has captured the media's attention. I hope the survivors of the tsunami are receiving the aid they so desperately need.
More and more people are being evacuated from around the power plant as explosions occur.

I have not taken any photographs of the earthquake damage that I have seen, everyone has seen enough on the news.
Fingers crossed that Japan will pull through this.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment