Monday, April 18, 2016

Ouch - letting go

I decided that I would sell my red Cannondale Road bike that I have had for several years and haven't been riding that  much recently.

I advertised it on FB and people were interested. This guy came today and purchased the bike for USD$320 (AUD$414)and I tossed in really old bike shoes with cleats (I have a new pair), the bike stand, tyre levers, a seat cover, repair kit and a great chain cleaning kit. He was thrilled.

I'm trying to prove to myself if I can let go of the Cannondale then I can let go of any of my material possessions. I don't want to be owned by my possessions. They can all be replaced.

The bike in fact has been the love of my life for over 10 years - which is more than any personal relationship that I have had with an intimate partner!!

That bike had done a couple of trips to France, a few Phuket Triathlons , cycled Japan on beautiful smooth roads, cycled in Laos and a Cairns to Karumba trip in Australia in 2011. I had so much enjoyment riding that bike.
Anyway I had owned the bike since 2004 and it had served me exceptionally well but it was time to let it go..... I am a little sad but it's ok - it's just a bike for goodness sake!!




I hope the new owner enjoys that bike for the next 10 years. Carbon forks and seat post, weighs less than 10kg, smooth and fast, odometer. Let it go!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment