Monday, April 4, 2016

Walk away



21 days The Minimalists

Happiness, as far as we’re concerned, is achieved through living a meaningful life: a life filled with passion and freedom in which we grow as individuals and contribute beyond ourselves. Growth and contribution: those are the bedrocks of happiness. Not stuff.

This may not sound sexy or “marketable,” but it’s the cold truth. Without growth, and without a deliberate effort to help others, we are simply slaves to cultural expectations ensnared by the trappings of money, power, status, and perceived success.

Minimalism is the tool that helped us simplify our lives by stripping away the excess so we could focus on what’s truly important.

I felt that I had a wonderful, great job, that I thought I really loved yet it left me feeling stressed and tired at the end of each week with barely enough energy to really live and enjoy the weekend. Is this the way it's supposed to be? Everyone seems to be doing the same thing?
I read a child's book written by Kenny Peavy whilst I was in Bali titled The Box People, this book was also signed and gifted to me by Kenny - thank you. The connection I felt to the Box People and their desire to return to nature was simplistic yet powerful. All I desire is to return to nature and breathe. I'm over the big city living, the hype of having a good job, the stress of weekly demands.

Can I just walk away and leave it all behind???

Have just finished reading Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer - an interesting read of a young man who just wants to escape into the great outdoors in Alaska, seeking solitude. His tragic end wasn't intentional in my opinion, however he did make some very costly mistakes.

I'm wondering if I try to fit into the mold of what other people think I should be doing. Like I should be getting another job, really, I'm so over it. Seems I have a choice to work or not and right now it's just not something that I feel passionate about. Financially I could not work for a short time, especially if I continue to live in Asia where the cost of living is much cheaper than oz.

Does it matter to me that I don't have a job ?? apparently not :)
Should it worry me that I don't have a job??? apparently. According to who?? This is my life and I have no dependents so I can do whatever I want.

Three months since I've worked. And I still feel tired. And only motivated by returning to nature to rejuvenate. Wonder if I'm fatigued from pollution, toxins, lack of iron, lack of protein??

What is my dream? I just want to be in the mountains, enjoy nature and ride my bike.  Every time I'm cycling, even for 20 mins, my head feels clearer, I'm happier and free. Cycling does make me happy it's that simple. I desire to ride my bike every day even for a short ride each morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment