Monday, April 25, 2016

Remember why you wanted to be a minimalist....


+ R E M E M B E R   W H Y   Y O U   W A N T E D   T O   B E   A   M I N I M A L I S T   I N   
T H E   F I R S T   P L A C E
Going back to the beginning when you decided that this was what you wanted is actually very inspiring. You can re-evaluate what it is that you want from this journey and remind you of why you started.

+ C O N T I N U E   T O   E D I T   Y O U R   P O S S E S S I O N S 
Sometimes I find myself going to things that I have already decluttered and finding things that I no longer need, so keep of editing your possessions until you only have what makes you happy

(http://www.thetomorrowatdawn.com/2016/01/maintaining-minimalism-tips-to-keep.html)

Why do I want to become a minimalist? I just feel that I own too many things and if I can physically own less then it will create more freedom.
Freedom to do whatever I want - to travel, to move to another country, to spend more time on experiences that are of greater value to me than my possessions. I don't want my possessions to own me. I want to own what I need, not excess stuff.
If decluttering is just the first step in the minimalism journey that is fine by me.
I have already done my bedroom, now when I walk in - the physical space just brings me more joy - the joy of being in a room that is neat, tidy and orderly - containing joyful items. That makes me happy.

I am also focusing on less screen time in particularly less facebook, so I have limited myself to 3 mins on FB each time on log on and then close FB. Overall it's going well and now I don't have this constant urge to 'check' FB. Honestly no information of any importance will actually come to me via FB - it's just other people's stuff. I find most people use it as a 'brag book' to post aspects of their 'wonderful' life or only aspects of their life that are 'wonderful'. I resist the urge to post and now will really limit my social media time.




Pics from cycling trip to Sri Lanka in Dec 2010/Jan 2011.

On the other hand, the act of removing possessions from our home accomplishes many of those purposes. It is not a temporary solution that must be repeated. It is an action of permanence—once an item has been removed, it is removed completely. Whether we re-sell our possessions, donate them to charity, or give them to a friend, they are immediately put to use by those who need them.
Removing possessions begins to turn back our desire for more as we find freedom, happiness, and abundance in owning less. And removing ourselves from the all-consuming desire to own more creates opportunity for significant life change to take place.
As you seek to get your home (and life) organized, challenge yourself to remove the unneeded things in your home. Rid yourself of the extra weight in a permanent manner. Carry a trash bag from room-to-room. See how big of a donation pile you can make. Or help eliminate debt by selling them. It doesn’t matter so much how you remove them, as long as you do. For it is far better to de-own than declutter.
Joshua Becker
http://www.becomingminimalist.com/dont-just-declutter-de-own/


""The three c's of life; choice, chance and change. You have to make the
choice, to take the chance, if you want anything to change" A. Allen
Antoine Allen
 
 
 http://www.antoinespeaks.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/most-people-wont-share-this-because.html?m=1

career: position, package, place

No comments:

Post a Comment