Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 12 Wednesday 23rd June Furano




A fantastic sleep - I love my one woman tent. At 4.30am the rain was pelting down but inside it was nice and dry. Declared a rest day. Walking Yamabe Nature Park, found the trek starting point to Mt Ashibetsue-dake (1726 meters) but will give that a miss. Continually meeting wonderful Japanese people and even though I don't speak Japanese they are always able to say "Just one?" I look around me and reply "Yes, just one". Furano is an international ski area that has hosted the World Cup Skiing 10 times and the World Cup Snowboarding. Must be amazing to be here in winter.
Furano is also famous for it's lavender fields. And well known for it's 'Navel Festival' late July - it's geographically the centre of Hokkaido. Great views of the Diasetsuzan mountains.
The demons have appeared wondering how I could have / should have managed my relationship better. Annoyed that I'm thinking like that in this beautiful location. Better get back on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment