Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 32 Tues 13th July 2010 Almost home




As we sail along I stand outside on the deck and marvel at how amazing my journey has been. I'm so lucky to be me.

Whilst on the ferry I decided I would find the 'Black Cat' company once I get to Oarai. This company will take my tent and panniers to the house and I will take the bike on the train.
Yahoo - I find a 'Black Cat' van driver that speaks english and they take the gear 1370 yen (AUD $17). This is fantastic and will make my trip a lot easier on the trains.
I cycle off in search of the Oarai train station. Change trains at Mito, On the JR train to Ueno.
At Ueno change lines to Tokyo-Metro- Hibiya line. It's great without the panniers.
Change trains at Nake Meguro. It's really packed around 6pm and the guards won't let me take the express train, that's fair enough, so I get on the local (or the super slow). The guards really want my bike to fold but it just won't!!!
Finally reach Motomachi - Chukagi - hooray almost home.
Fantastic.
An absolutely amazing journey that has enriched my life. Thank you to all the wonderful Japanese people who showed me such great kindness and endlessly offered me friendship and food.
I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to see part of your wonderful country. I loved Hokkaido. Great camping. Stunning scenery. A glorious summer. 2000km

ps I tried to keep these notes brief. Many stories haven't been told. I took over 1000 pictures.
Thanks for reading my blog.
Next - on the plane to Australia in a few days!!!!
Time to wash and clean all my cycling stuff and head to oz for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment