Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 23 Sunday 4th July Awesome Rebun trekking











Awake at 3.30am with the call of the black crows. Sunrise is super early since I am so far north. Day cycling around the island and trekking to Momo-iwa Obseratory, Motochi light house. Leave my bike on the side of the road more fearful of the crows who have already demonstrated they can open the zip of my handlebar bag then theft!!!





Stunning wild flowers, great track, gorgeous views, rolling hills, lush and green.
Arrive at the ferry terminal with 1 min to spare and on the 4pm ferry back to Wakkani.
I'm feeling rather tired but very content and fortunate that my journey has been so amazing and give thanks for all the wonderful things in my life.
The ferry is very packed and gosh I'm a bit smelly and in need of a hot tub and a snooze. Back to the Wakkani Youth hostel lured by their clean sheets, washing machine, dryer and internet as I enjoy a bottle of wine.
Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment