Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 27 Thurs 8th July - in the rain









Fantastic sleep at the hotel, even the bike got to sleep in the lobby!!!
Head out of Monbetsu on Route 238 in the rain, turn off to Lake Komukeko, very quiet road and much to my delight I see a deer with her fawn. Oh wow!!! The rain has stopped and it's just a little cool now as I relax at the lake where there is in fact a great camp ground. Cycle onto Yubetsu and I turn inland on Route 242. A huge tulip farm but not the season for tulips. I reach Engaru and it's pouring. I really want to head back to Asahikawa and onto Furano. I decide to pack my bike into it's bike bag and get on a bus that will take me up the mountains. Sitting in the dry bus is a joy as it's pouring outside, long tunnels. Get off the bus at Asahikawa and navigate my way to the camp ground on Route 40. Lovely sento / hot tub. The rain has stopped, set up camp at Shunk-o-dai camp site. It will be clear tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment