Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 19 Wednesday 30th June Cape Soya - Wakkani

I cycle the 30km onto Wakkani (the northern most town) and enjoy an spectacular sunset.









Great sleep, excited about getting on the road and reaching Cape Soya today - the northern most part of Japan on the mainland. I'm hoping to camp there tonight. MFS for yummy breakfast. Fishing villages, desolate, remote and a harsh life. Near Sarufutsu a commemorative station to victims of the sinking of the USSR ship, the Indigirka in 1939, stranded 1.4km off shore.
With excitement I approach Cape Soya but it's rather disappointing. Bus loads of people and barely time for me to jump in and have a picture taken. What did I expect????!!! I'm here at 11am and it's 15 C.
No chance of camping here at all.





No comments:

Post a Comment