Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 14 Friday 25th June - Furano Lavender










The Rider House just out of Furano at Kitanomine has been great, everything clean and dry, tent air dried, panniers repacked, cycle off in the glorious sunshine. Lovely back roads to Nakafurano and 'Farm Tomita'. Oh, they had a late spring and the lavender fields will not be in bloom for another 2-3 weeks. Uuuummm.
The farm was in fact stunning with an amazing array of color and other flowers. Ate lavender soft serve ice cream!!! Took lots and lots of pics it is so hard to choose just a few to place here.
Cycled on and had yummy ramen noodle lunch in Biei another beautiful village.
Decide to cycle to Asahikawa, the 2nd largest city in Hokkaido. All I need to do is enter the city on Route 237 and exit on Route 40.
Sure!!! It works perfectly and I navigate my way to Shunkodai Camp Ground on the northern side of Asahikawa. As I'm putting up the tent a kind local man informs me about the noisy cicadas wand warns me about the savage black birds - that steal food. He also gives me directions for the local sento - wonderful to soak and scrub with the local women. They are all stunned at my cycling tan. More free gifts this time 'Pocari Sweat' the local electrolyte drink!!!
The weather is gloriously hot, a wonderful summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment