Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 6 Thurs 17th June 2010




Awake early to pack up in my dry shelter. Lovely bathroom with fresh flowers. Such luxury.
I cycled 200 meters and reached the town - Kuromatsunai!!! Hearty breakfast and head off in search of the coast and the Sea of Japan. Up hill, tunnels, misty, no trucks in fact almost no traffic, gale force winds. Finally reach the sea and my spirits soar - that was a tough slog getting here. Black volcanic sand - that's weird.
Turn right and keep the sea on my left and I've officially crossed the land mass and I'm heading north for Cape Soya. Lunch at Cape Benkeimisaki. Hunted out the gorgeous Suttsu Onsen with eight different pools, each labeled as to their temperature ranging from 39 C to 43C, with superjets, bubbles, outside viewing the forest - heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment