Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hokkaido Adventure Day 1 Sat 12th June 2010





Off to Hokkaido, the northern island of Japan to cycle, camp and holiday for 5 weeks.
When I started this journey the Bike Odometer was already on 473km.

Left Yokohama on Sat 12th July 2010 at 1.30pm.
4 hours on the trains with the bike, the panniers and a tent. Thanks to the kindness of some wonderful Japanese people for helping me on the trains.

View court (my apartment) to Oarai.
Motomachi - Chukagi to Naka Meguro to Ueno to Mito to Oarai where the train guards gave me a map with directions to the ferry terminal. Hooray I made it in 4 hours!!!
Purchased my Ferry Ticket 10,400 yen = AUD $76
MOL Ferry Co - SUNFLOWER
Two burly men strapped in my bike beside the motorbikes in readiness for the 19 hour sea journey ahead.
A great start to a brilliant adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment